work is the curse of the drinking classes

Friday, January 22, 2010

How many average 10-year-old kids could you defeat in hand to hand combat?



Setting: flat, grassy surface. 100 yards long/50 yards wide with padded, infinitely high walls at the boundaries... no escape

Rules: No weapons.

Opponents: Average 10-year-old. western, privileged 10-year-olds... you know, not super strong, "i know how to take down a wild pig if i have to" 10-year-olds.

The fight is over when one side is all dead/disabled. So... how many?

EDIT: You must assume they are all rushing you from the start. You may use the setting to your advantage, if you have the necessary speed/agility/inclination. Otherwise, brute force. They are swarming.





Mattrulesawesome 70 points71 points72 points 7 hours ago[+] (14 children)
I guess that depends on whether you can use a dead or disabled ten year old as a weapon. If so, probably 40. If not, probably 20.


howiez 0 points1 point2 points 3 hours ago[-]
But I am a weapon.


Man_Handle 52 points53 points54 points 7 hours ago[-]
I'm 6'6" down to about 250 pounds now, I wrestled for 15 yrs, been in countless brawls. I'd back into the corner, hammer-fist the little bastards on top of the head. Before long, they'd have to climb a pile of their fallen homies just to get to me, i'd be standing atop a mountain of dead children, kicking all comers in the chin as they got to the top. If I had proper snacks and hydration, I could go on for days.


Klaymen 17 points18 points19 points 8 hours ago[+] (8 children)
I'm sure we'd all just start making out.
FreudianAnalysis 19 points20 points21 points 7 hours ago[+] (0 children)
Well, I'm stumped.

PoopMagruder 4 points5 points6 points 5 hours ago[-]
I've got an 11 year old son, in good shape and fairly muscular. Still, if it came down to it, I could take down about twenty of him before I'd be at risk. If we were in a boxing ring with rules, it would be far less. But I could snap his neck pretty quick, and there's no way in hell he would ever be able to handle a real punch from a grown man. One punch and he'd be down for five minutes. I figure I'd be good for 20-30 kids his age.

Thdudeabides 6 points7 points8 points 5 hours ago[-]
Fatigue would be my only limiting factor. Once I got into my groove, based on exertion I feel during racquetball and rugby games, I could probably last 60 to 80 minutes at children slamming pace before I started to falter. At one kiddo per 5 seconds on average, that's 12 per minute or 840 before my strength started to fail me. Of course, in racquetball and rugby games I'm not in a battle for my life; I would expect a massive adrenaline rush triggered by a real fight or flight situation. I bet I could perform at 5 times my normal capability if my life depended on it. Final answer: I could kill 4,200 little rascals before my body failed me.

No comments: